AM 202 introduces the key internal and external drivers that define the scope of your AM system.
- Understand the importance of setting a clear strategic direction for the AM system
- Understand levels of service and why they are the cornerstone of good AM
- Understand the importance of future demand forecasts and be aware of the methods available
- Understand the importance of collecting, maintaining and reporting asset data
- Understand the scope and purpose of the Strategic Asset Management Plan.
The course materials are based on the authoritative resources International Infrastructure Management Manual (IIMM) and Asset Management Basics.
On completion, learners are awarded a digital badge which can be saved and shared.
Who should attend
- Those who are new to managing infrastructure assets or those who want to align their understanding of asset management with the IIMM
- Students or recent graduates in any profession who are interested in this area.
Typical attendees include
- Project managers
- Text, images, video
- Formative assessment
- Case studies
- Summative assessment
In this course you will learn about the key internal and external drivers that define the scope of your AM system.
- Setting the AM Strategic Direction
- Levels of Service
- Forecasting Future Demand
- Acquiring Asset Knowledge
- Monitoring Performance
- Developing the Strategic AM Plan
Pre-requisitesDownload PDF course brochure
"I would like to highlight the course's relevance to the daily monitoring activities that we do, and as a basis from which to create improvements in our own processes."
"There are a lot of new learnings and discoveries on asset management theories, principles, practices and knowledge."
"Understanding the overall structure of AM has helped to give me a better understanding of the importance of other key areas / functions that need to be considered in our current AM works, which is currently limited."
"The real life examples were really helpful."
"This training has given me a more in-depth understanding with regards to managing assets at [our organisation]."
"From this course I learned that the service levels required is a key feature of AM planning."
"I am really enjoying the courses and am excited to start AM 203."