AM 305 builds your planning and decision-making skills. It does this by exploring methods and techniques to support future investment and current lifecycle decisions within an asset management context.
Attendees will understand how to define the process, methods and criteria to make decisions over the life of assets. This includes financial and non-financial considerations, developing works programmes, and asset performance indicators.
The course materials are based on the authoritative resources International Infrastructure Management Manual (IIMM) and ISO 55000 suite of Standards.
By the end of AM 305 – Planning and Decision-Making you will be able to:
- Identify current asset problems or opportunities
- Evaluate and select appropriate processes for making decisions about assets
- Identify and forecast risk mitigation strategies
- Determine how asset management activities and projects will be resourced
- Choose appropriate techniques to progress planned capital works
- Understand methods of forecasting the cost of an asset over the course of its whole life.
On completion, learners are awarded a digital badge which can be saved and shared.
This course is a collaboration between IPWEA NZ and Just Add Lime.
Who should attend
Those responsible for planning and making decisions about infrastructure assets in an organisation.
Typical attendees include
- Project managers
- Strategy staff
- Text, images, video
- Formative assessment
- Case studies
- Summative assessment
This course will develop your understanding of decision-making methodology, risk management, long term investment planning and financial management.
- Making a Decision
- Decision Methods
- Risk-Based Decision Making
- Operational Planning
- Capital Investment Planning
- Financial Planning
Recommended prior learning or equivalent experience
- An understanding of the content of the following badges: AM 101, AM 202, AM 203 and AM 204.