CC 101 introduces key considerations for asset management in adapting to climate change.
Asset management provides a useful vehicle for implementing climate adaptation strategies, helping us prioritise investment, improve community resilience, improve resilience planning, and contribute holistically to national hazard risk management.
This course is designed around the following learning objectives:
- Have a basic understanding of the science of climate change and how it affects and impacts infrastructure and infrastructure services.
- Identify the areas in asset management that could assist in resilience improvements of infrastructure and management processes.
- Understand the input of asset management processes to improve or maintain the levels of service in light of the resilience cycle.
- Develop an asset management capability improvement strategy for incorporating climate change into asset management.
The content is structured according to these objectives, with training videos providing a general understanding of concepts and written modules providing more in-depth learning.
Who should attend
Asset owners and service providers being tasked to consider climate adaptation in asset management.
Typical attendees include
- Asset Managers
- Project managers
- Strategy staff
- Text, images, video
- Formative assessment
- Case studies
- Summative assessment
This course will give you an introduction to integrating climate change considerations into asset management. It leads into future badges which cover these topics in more detail.
- Climate Science, Global Current Trends and Infrastructure
- Asset Management as Part of the Climate Resilience Cycle
- Improve or Maintain the Levels of Service Considering the Resilience Cycle
- Developing Capacity and Capability for Climate Adaptation in Asset Management