This course provides an overview of carbon emissions during the construction, maintenance and operations of infrastructure. It provides introductory-level training in understanding the emissions occurring, how to determine the emission levels and some strategies to reduce emissions.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Provide a basic awareness of the emission process and its linkage to climate change
- Understand countries’ commitments towards reducing emissions along with legislation, policies and targets (global and local)
- Understand emissions associated with the construction, maintenance and operations of infrastructure
- Explain different carbon emission rating tools and be able to undertake carbon emission analysis using rating tools in New Zealand.
Who should attend
All asset management and infrastructure practitioners who are starting to learn about mitigating carbon emission.
Typical attendees include
- Asset Managers
- Project managers
- Strategy staff
- Text, images, video
- Formative assessment
- Case studies
- Summative assessment
This course will give you:
- Introduction level understanding of carbon emissions associated with infrastructure
- Knowledge of how to measure emissions and develop strategies to reduce it.
Recommended prior learning
An understanding of the content within these courses: