WM 240 follows on from WM 104 which introduced an overarching framework for tactical flood risk asset management, by focusing on the first two components: inspection and performance.
WM 240 provides more detail and discussion on inspection and performance, with respect to flood risk asset management.
The course includes:
- The importance inspecting assets, how often they should be inspected, and what data should be collected
- How to plan, design and develop an asset inspection methodology, including conducting and reporting an inspection
- The objectives of undertaking condition assessments, and its relationship with asset performance
- Performance assessment principles and methods
- How to inspect the various flood protection asset types, their specific failure modes and associated performance features.
On completion of the online course, learners are awarded a digital badge which can be saved and shared.