WM 104 introduces you to an overarching framework for tactical flood risk asset management and its four key components: inspection, performance, risk management, and planning.
The course also covers the fundamental basics of asset performance, risk management and planning.
In this course you will gain an understanding of:
- An overarching framework for tactical flood risk asset management
- Asset inspections and condition assessments, including the different types of inspections and grading systems
- The importance of, and difference between, asset condition and asset performance
- Critical assets, the components of risk, and how risk is managed
- The Four R’s of Emergency Management
- Planning the management of assets, and operations & maintenance planning.
This course is a collaboration between IPWEA NZ and Asset BowManagement Ltd.
Who should attend
- Operational personnel responsible for flood protection asset inspections and condition assessments.
- Practitioners that work in flood risk management, asset management or other related fields.
- Anyone that is tempted by a career in flood risk management
Typical attendees include
- River practitioners
- Asset Managers
- Operational Personnel
- Public works professionals
- Operations Engineers
This course will introduce you to an overarching framework for flood risk asset management. It leads into future badges which go into greater detail.
- Text, images, video
- Formative assessment
- Case studies
- Summative assessment
- Flood Risk Asset Management framework
- Asset Inspections & Condition Assessments
- Performance Assessments
- Risk Management
- Asset Management Planning
Where this fits in